Tallinn Food Tour is a combined food & drink & city tour, which gives you the opportunity to discover the real soul of the city and country by locals, and get to feel and know Estonia through its kitchen. ‘It’s more than a tour, it’s more than a meal – its an experience!’
- Walking distance: Around 1,5km
- Duration: About 3 hours
- Number of individual tastings: 6~7
- Meeting time: 11:30 am daily in the summer season (May to Sep), Fri-Sat during rest of the year
- Meeting place: Tallinn Tourism Information Centre (Niguliste Street 2)
- We do offer vegetarian alternatives for the menu where feasible. Due to the nature of our food tour stops (our aim is to provide a tastings of typical for Estonia food & drinks) we cannot always guarantee the fully vegetarian options, or that we’d be able to meet all the food allergies, but we can arrange for an alternative. Please write in the commentary field while booking if you have a food allergy/are a vegetarian!
Tallinn Food Tour takes you on a culinary excursion of the Old Town, including also stops at neighbouring Baltic Station Market and gives you a chance to experience the smells, flavours and stories of Estonian cuisine. You will also get to see some of the most beautiful parts of the Old Town and nearby Kalamaja quarter and hear exciting stories about Estonian history and the country today.
Tallinn Food Tour consists of around 6 food & drink stops based on local traditional and modern food, and some drinks. You will be served a soup, various traditional food samples, like black rye bread, open-faced traditional for Estonia spiced sprat sandwiches, but also samples of modern Estonian cuisine. You will try out some local drinks, like ‘Kali’ or / and ‘Kama’, some local sweets and a good cup of locally roasted coffee or a glass of freshly made lemonade or glögg or some local schnapps (depending on the season).
Please note that food & drink stops and the menu can vary a bit depending on the season!
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page